Here’s an alarming statistic: While 80 percent of the cases we see in our clinic stem from those who have a history of smoking cigarettes, it might surprise a lot of people to know that the other 20 percent have never smoked cigarettes or used any form of tobacco in their lives.
More than 49 percent of Florida public education funding comes from local tax revenues, the 19th highest level among the 50 states, according to data from the National Education Association.
Policies and incentives promoting renewable energy and energy efficiency in Florida number 101, the ninth highest rank among the 50 states and the District of Columbia, according to data analyzed in a federally funded database.
University of Florida, Florida State University and University of Central Florida reported receiving the most state financial aid during the 2018-19 academic year among Florida schools.
Duke Energy today announced $500,000 in grant funding to two organizations championing the battle against the opioid epidemic in North Carolina.
Florida residents living below the poverty line in 2017-18 made up 13.5 percent of the state’s population, the 12th highest rank among the 50 states and the District of Columbia, according to new Census Bureau data.
Public schools in Florida spent $10,489 per student based on average daily attendance (ADA) figures, the 12th lowest expenditure level among the 50 states and the District of Columbia, according to a National Education Association report.
Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) has posted its third-quarter 2019 financial results in a news release available on the company's website at the following link: duke-energy.com/investors.
Miami Lakes Educational Center and Technical College, Professional Hands Institute and City College-Hollywood have the lowest 'on time' graduation rates in Florida, according to an analysis of federal data.
Florida is not among the jurisdictions where sales tax collections are required for out-of-state purchases in the wake of the South Dakota v. Wayfair Supreme Court decision last year, according to an analysis by the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL).
Add Teaser here
Miami Lakes Educational Center and Technical College and University of Phoenix-Florida have the lowest 'on time' graduation rates in the state, according to an analysis of federal data.
Public schools in Florida spent an estimated $32.4 billion during the 2018-19 academic year, a 4.4 percent increase in expenditures over the previous year, according to a National Education Association report.
With the fourth annual Utility Scam Awareness Week starting Nov. 17, Duke Energy is expanding its campaign to protect its nearly 8 million customers from utility-impostor scammers.